|
Sunday, October 31, 2004
Haven't been blogging for two weeks... I really need to blog now... so many thoughts... overwhelming ones, silly ones, teary ones, nonsensical ones, unimportant ones.. hmm.. And things have happened... how I've done so much work the last two weeks. Been really busy. My Birthday 19 October 1984. Had a mini celebration with jf 2 weekends ago. We went to watch sky captain, and had a simple dinner - crepes at the basement of raffles city. I was happy anyway. I was happy because I spent time with jf, outside hall, outside school... I didn't want to think about anything else tho' I had so much work to do, esp cmb work has been bothering me, the proposal deadlines, budget deadlines, agendas and meetings all in my mind. I told myself I just want to enjoy my time with jf.. not gonna think about anything else... just wanted to relax and enjoy his company. Most of the time i see him in school... it's hard to cast aside thoughts about work when everybody around me is studying, doing projects and doing comm work. Was really glad.. tho' I think he didn't really like the way we celebrated my birthday. Too slack? Hmm... nvm. Dad and mum brought me to this chinese restaurant in the basement of paragon.. ding tai feng. The food was great... especially the xiaolong baos.. Didn't expect mum and dad to make the effort to celebrate with me. After all, I seldom get anything special from them on my previous birthdays... guess they just miss me cos' I stay in hall. Really appreciate them. Belle, cin and jacq bought a chocolate cake for me. They tried to surprise me at midnight after i came back from my bath. Was rather touched.. cos' I didn't expect them to think of me on my birthday.. or I should put it this way... didn't think that people will remember my birthday except my very closed buds. I spent most of the time doing proposals, settling budgets, thinking about cmb on my birthday. Sheesh, I wasn't in any mood to think about doing other things... it's like there are so many things to be done within such a short period of time... I just wanna get everything completed and get over with it.. before i can take comfortable rest away from work and work and work. It doesn't bother me that my birthday is spent doing cmb... i mean it's ok.. even though my friends were saying that I should just give myself a break, after all, it's my 20th birthday rite?! Jf wanted to lunch with me... but i didn't msg him back about it.. felt quite bad cos' I know he was being nice and wanted to have a nice meal with me on my birthday. Thereafter, had some minor miscommmunication which luckily didn't turn out to be a quarrel. Maybe it's just me.. My B-day prezzies: - Precious Moments figurine - may your every wish come true - of course from my darling. - Maksim variations part I&II - from guoyi. It's really a musical inspiration for me! Love it. - A black and white cushion that says "hug it"- from pingping and rongjie. - a box full of yummy chocolates from Sui for a choco freak like me. - Old fashioned black and white humbugs, chocolate-mint flavoured sweets- from belle. - Cookies, blackcurrant drink and cute calendar cards - from josephine. Good Luck Concert Held on 28 October 7.15pm at hall lobby. Was great! Generally satisfied... can't expect too much right... after all the preparation time was so short. My acappella item was kinda screwed. Somehow didn't think that the audience will know how to appreciate the instrumental-like piece. It must be quite weird to think that mission impossible can be sung. Well... but in acappella, anything can be sung... so well guess we're just not up to it. Just felt that the juniors need to buck up a lot cos seniors learn things really fast. Thought that the better performance items were by band and dance. Acapella and geyao need a lot a lot of improvement... feel that they should buck up this holidays and I hope to help them. ___________________________________ Was thinking about comm work on fri night when i couldn't sleep... somehow came up with a few ideas for cmb concert... suddenly and randomly. Kinda excited about planning things after my exams... seems like i like to think about organising concerts. I hope that my comm and cultural heads can live up to my expectations. It'll be tough... but i guess i should just take one step at a time sometimes... don't know whether it's a good thing if i try to make them see how i think and how i feel all the time. sometimes, their ideas and thoughts matter too. Been having insomnia these few nights. Sigh~ think my body clock is very screwed all the time.. keeps changing all the time too. Argh. Was tryng to work on my lit essay the whole of friday... but still i manage to get it 3/4 done only... supposed to finish completely. Sigh, think i just got sick of typing and refused to finish it even though it's just another 1/4 to finish. I don't like it when there are no questions set for the essay. Gotta formulate my own questions... and in the end i think i just end up writing about really broad ideas like humanity, the relationship between humans and machines... screw it. I think I didn't write any interesting original ideas down... grrrh. Even though i did it in a rush and it doesn't take up a high percentage of my marks... i still have to write my essay close to perfection... it's just me lah... no slipshod work... must be grammatically, technically, correct.... the most perfect vocabulary should be used... haha... which maybe explains why i type so slowly too. I wanna go NYC... NYC= New York City. That's where chorale may be going next year march tentatively. Really hope i can go if the opportunity is there. I just think that the exposure will be fantastic. how can i miss it? yeah... but still gotta see how the funding goes. Not very good news is that... it's really right after rockfest and very close to cmb concert. Sigh means i'll still have to go down for chorale pracs during that time... think i won't really mind if it's really worth it. Will need very good planning of how i carry out my work from jan onwards. Somehow... even though i know there's so many things to do next yr... i really really wish that the we'll get the chance to go nyc to perform. Anyways... we're invited to be there.. so maybe chances of us going there will be high. Hmmmm..... NYC!! From now onwards i shall study diligently... especially for Ec3303 and Ec3101. All the best to me.... Singing, cmb, singing, cmb, singing, cmb, singing.... but studies is still the first priority eh... Posted at 6:19 PM |
![]() |
| Faith |
| likes 1.music&fine arts 2.playing piano 3.singing 4.acappella 5.literature 6.sociology 7.cross-stitching 8.reading 9.playing drums 10.watching people do things i can't do 11.listening to music 12.red or white roses 13.the colour white 14.julliard 15.dreaming 16.jazz bands 17.broadway musicals 18.chocolate&icecream 19.strawberries&bananas 20.vacations | must achieve: 1.save lots of money 2.learn more music 3.learn driving 4.travel a lot after graduation. |
| In My Garden |
|
Soul Journey Victoria Chorale Historymakerz SlackJacks.com Gallery |
| Archives |
|
May 2005 April 2005 March 2005 February 2005 January 2005 December 2004 November 2004 October 2004 |
| My Friends |
|
Shihua Rachel Norhana Emily Kevin Grace Estee Samuel Felicia Yixuan Rongjie LS |
| Credits |
|
Template: elementopia Image: image cafe |