Comments: Post a Comment
Thursday, December 02, 2004

No man is an island... Looking back... Memories.

No man is an island
No man stands alone
Each man's joy is joy to me
Each man's grief is my own.

We need one another
So I will defend
Each man as my brother
Each man as my friend.

I saw the people gather
I heard the music sound
The song that they were singing
Is ringing in my heart

No man is an island
No man stands alone
Each man's joy is joy to me
Each man's grief is my own

We need one another
So I will defend
Each man as my brother
Each man as my friend.

No man is an island
No man stands alone.

********

Those were the days... in VJC, in choir... that was my choir anthem. Always sang that song together, after competitions, during farewells, happy or sad, that song will always touch our hearts.
Lyrics are meaningful isn't it. It serves as a reminder... we can't do without each other. Applies to the bigger picture of life too.
After SYF in VCH, we cried so badly, so badly when we realised we didn't clinch the champion. We were second. Sigh, after ten plus years still second place. Something we wanted so much... We put in our best, so there were no regrets. Just disappointment... and lots of tears and crying in front of everyone after the competition. And we sang that really sadly.
After competition in Prague, we sang that again but this time round in an ecstatic state.... happily we sang and cheered because we won the grand prize. At that moment, I felt the sacrifices I made for choir during my studying and exam period were worth it after all.
I love choir back then.... I can proudly say that I belong to a group with such strong choir spirit, such strong togetherness, it's so hard to deny that the choir is not just a choir consisting of two batches of singers, but a choir consisting of seniors, to grand-seniors, to great-grand-seniors, and great great great great.... great grand seniors.... for only we understand the kind of effort the choir has to put in to achieve and maintain its good reputation. It was and is many many sacrifices... and i can't believe we were willing to put in so much for the choir. Not that we're obliged to, but we were willing, or more than willing sometimes. It was totally crazy sometimes, the kind of timetable we have, but the craziness of the blood toil and sweat was so worth it at the end of the day. This kind of nostalgia can't be described in words... they'll always be memories close to my heart. I can also proudly say that I've gained so much, learned so much, from everybody, from nelson... choir was an extraordinary musical experience. I've learnt so much musically, and we've forged such strong bonds so hard to break. Thank you choir for making my days in VJC so much sweeter, so much more enriching.



Posted at 2:08 AM

 
Faith
likes 1.music&fine arts 2.playing piano 3.singing 4.acappella 5.literature 6.sociology 7.cross-stitching 8.reading 9.playing drums 10.watching people do things i can't do 11.listening to music 12.red or white roses 13.the colour white 14.julliard 15.dreaming 16.jazz bands 17.broadway musicals 18.chocolate&icecream 19.strawberries&bananas 20.vacations | must achieve: 1.save lots of money 2.learn more music 3.learn driving 4.travel a lot after graduation.
In My Garden
Soul Journey
Victoria Chorale
Historymakerz
SlackJacks.com
Gallery
Archives
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005
December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
My Friends
Shihua
Rachel
Norhana
Emily
Kevin
Grace
Estee
Samuel
Felicia
Yixuan
Rongjie
LS
Credits
Template: elementopia
Image: image cafe