Comments: Post a Comment
Thursday, December 09, 2004

Yeah it's holidays!!

Performance with SCO

Had chorale last fri, sat and sun...
Fri was the rehearsal with SCO, cos' SCO was having their concert in the conference hall on sun.
Sat was caroling practice... ok was quite fun singing those carols again, reliving memories and really got me into the x'mas mood.
Sunday was fun... other than the performance itself. There was this harpist... she's a very pretty lady with nice long hair and good figure... she performed with us for dancing day... Read about her in the programme booklet and gosh... she's so talented, can play so many instruments like piano, violin, erhu, guzheng, harp... this is a true blue musician eh... Then there was this xylophone player who was amazing too.. all in all.. the music was nice... it was christmassy... i have to say that even though the orchestra is a chinese orchestra... they really sound fantastic playing x'mas carols like rudolph, jingle bells, joy to the world... they gave these songs a different edge...

During the waiting time... the chorale guys did their own all-male-voices x'mas carols... it was rather hilarious at times but they sounded good. I think they just have nothing better to do... so they got crappy with themselves...
After the performance, we went for dinner together.. went to crystal jade in holland v. I ate a lot a lot... Had lotsa dim sum and noodles, and soup.... yummy yummy.... It was my first dinner with chorale too. It was fun... knowing them better and better... cos' I don't usually join them for dinners (like so anti-social, since they always ask me to join them). Dinners are great socialising sessions.

Since I'm on the topic of chorale... i have to say that i think dawn yin has such a amazing voice. She's a rare talent. While others have to train really hard to achieve a mere decent singing, her's is just innate... natural.. That's why I always admire people whose talents are inherent especially when it comes to vocals, musical abilities... Having these talents inherent really makes one's learning of music fast and really gives one a very great edge over others. Dawn has everything you need in a vocalist... everything you need in a soprano. Resonance, forwardness, brightness, placement, vocal production... she basically has everything, very pro I must say. It's just natural... She's the kind of singer who makes the rest of the sop section inferior. One thing i will appreciate about her is that... she has the versatility which many singers lack... Such talent shouldn't be wasted right... haha... think chorale is really a very good avenue for her to use her talents... if not, she'll just become a hidden talent.
_______________________________________

Went out with my mum on monday... and I pierced my ears!! Ouch, it was painful. Don't believe people when they tell you that it doesn't hurt, cos' it sure hurts! Especially the moment when ear stud got shot through your ear. But after while, it doesn't hurt anymore... gosh I was afraid... haha, but since i know now... i may try for more earholes in the future. So now I have nice blue star-studded ears. Virgin ears no more!!

_______________________________________

It's good to be in hall nowadays, it's nice peaceful quiet, maybe because it's the beginning of the holidays... activities are not so intensive yet.


Actually I'm beginning to feel all the busyness which will come in the later part of the holidays. So when I'm free now and then... should just try my best to clear whatever comm stuff which I need to.

I'm going to have acappella practice everyday from next week onwards... crazy... but running out of time to prepare for caroling and hall opening. Argh... so busy.... I'll be singing two songs with band, playing a song for william, and acappella for hall opening... aaahhh. Anyway hall opening stuff have been getting on my nerves now and then... many last minute changes... and i have to inform the performers asap. Sighs.... too short a time to prepare and expect so many things... guess a busy holiday is better than a holiday with nothing to do.

Watched Bridget Jones Diary with jf on monday too... then spent lotsa money in crystal jade and coffee club. I have to say the muddy mudpie from coffee club is good icecream.

I'm praying... praying that the caroling for sheares choir and aca will be smooth-going...

Jf is sick again... pooor boy. I hope it isn't me that made him sick... hmmm. It's his fourth time falling sick this year... same thing as the last time... diarrhoea, fever... really hopes he gets well soon, so that he can go for his trainings and go out and have fun. It's so bad he's sick again... maybe he's tired... or did the kfc meal caused the diarrhoea?! :( Maybe he should just sleep more... get well soon!!!

Ok, i have to get more things done tomorrow...

It's holidays but I'm busy.
Posted at 3:02 AM

 
Faith
likes 1.music&fine arts 2.playing piano 3.singing 4.acappella 5.literature 6.sociology 7.cross-stitching 8.reading 9.playing drums 10.watching people do things i can't do 11.listening to music 12.red or white roses 13.the colour white 14.julliard 15.dreaming 16.jazz bands 17.broadway musicals 18.chocolate&icecream 19.strawberries&bananas 20.vacations | must achieve: 1.save lots of money 2.learn more music 3.learn driving 4.travel a lot after graduation.
In My Garden
Soul Journey
Victoria Chorale
Historymakerz
SlackJacks.com
Gallery
Archives
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005
December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
My Friends
Shihua
Rachel
Norhana
Emily
Kevin
Grace
Estee
Samuel
Felicia
Yixuan
Rongjie
LS
Credits
Template: elementopia
Image: image cafe